Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

need help with nos tuning

401 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  novagaz 
#1 ·
hello! i have single fogger wet kit and i want to install it on let.
specs of my let:
wassner pistons with arp's, xe camshaft, eds phase 1 chip, 2.5" intake, evo cooler, 3" straight exhaust.
also want to install saab injectors, flowing 359cc/min, may be running on 3.5 bar.

i read this instruction and have some questions.
http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/199R10295.pdf
page 16,17.
1)will i need in ignition timing change? i know, that stock ecu control ignition. but how fast it do that?
2) which sizes of jets i must use? for example, 36 n2o with 20 on fuel (3.5 bar on fuel +0.9 on boost). is it correct?
3) how much HP i can safely inject on my engine config?

big thanks!!!

#2 ·
1) The stock ECU is pretty fast, and after detecting knock a few times it drops the timing to a safe setting and saves it there.

2 and 3 I dont know.

#4 ·
as said above the motronic ecu self adjusts to a safe setting and will save ther, a local lad to me fitted 50bhp jets to his calibra turbo and didnt see much gains so upped them to 100bhp jets, car went well but not for long as it quickly blew up but this was a standard motor with high miles iirc, progresive control myt be a safe option, also from my own experience of nos kit not on a let just an xe i used cosworth 071c plugs for cooler running gapped at .4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.