Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

astravan 17td conversion 2.08v

458 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  novagaz 
#1 ·
Hi could any1 help me I would like 2 know if any1 has took a 1.7td engine from an astravan and put a 2.08v engine if so i would be gratefull if u could tell me how it went and what u need
cheers Brian:):D

#2 ·
hello Brian mate, ive done a redtop and v6 van a few years back now, is your van a mk3 or mk4? mk 3 are straight forward enuf but the mk4s are bit more dificult being electronic controld throttle they use wires so pedal has to be modifed or changed, and mk4s use hydraulic gearbox and diffrent mounts. i didnt change tank on mine i changed fuel lines and fitted a redtop fuel pump inline. had to make my own front engine mount on the mk4 not sure if can buy them now tho.

#5 ·
yes on the mk3s you can get away with lots that you carnt in the mk4, with yors being a mk3 you can use its orignal set up ie- mounts, hubs and shafts. i wud advise changing front struts or at least springs to 300lb ones to handle the larger engine. you can fit fuel pump under bonnet or at rear of van and the fuel pipe after the pump must be high pressure stuff. on the front engine mount its safer to use slightly longer bolts. do you have the full wiring loom, ecu and chip key?

#7 ·
wen you remove your engine use the cars loom for the startermotor and alternator on the new engine being fitted. then from the new engines loom you need 12v to ecu, earth from gearbox to chassis, a switched live ( ignition ) to power the ecu, and wire to the fuel pump these are al wots needid to make it run. after that just sort oil pressure , temprature, and rev counter wire if using clocks with rev counter likes of astra sri or cav sri clocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.