Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

5th gear from an F10 into an F13?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  smokeymacpot 
#1 ·
Anybody good with gearboxes? I want to put a wide ratio 5th gear (from F10) into a F13 (close) box - both gears are easily removable from the end of the box with it in the car I reckon - I already have the 5th gears removed from the F10 ready to go.

The part numbers for The F13 close ratio from the Nova are the same as the Corsa C ones, according the my parts catalogue, and as far as I'm aware, the F10 and F13 are almost the same, bar a few bearings being bigger in the input shaft and the bellhousing being a touch bigger too.

Can anyone confirm my idea that the F10 / F13 are basically the same? I imagine that the 5th gears would be the same, as they generally have an easy life.

Any help gratefully received!

Steve

#2 ·
iirc they are pretty much the same, boxes from what i been told the F13 is a stronger box, why dont you find yourself a std F13 box, would save loadsa time pulling the gears in and out, and not only that but the ratios would be matched better then just chucking in a single wider gear.
Also the F13 5th gear (the std ratio one not the CR/WR one is the same as an F13 one)

#3 ·
You've got a point... Even the F13 close with a 3.7 final drive might make things a bit more relaxed on the motorway. All F13 wide ratio boxes are getting on a bit now aren't they? I 'm not sure they stuck it in the Corsa C...
The 5th I have is 0.7:1 - would give 69mph at 3000rpm with the 3.9:1 final drive.
Or maybe finding another close ratio box and fitting a 3.3:1 or 3.5:1 final drive from the diesel boxes, but this is a lot more hassle than changing a 5th gear lol!

#5 ·
You've got a point... Even the F13 close with a 3.7 final drive might make things a bit more relaxed on the motorway. All F13 wide ratio boxes are getting on a bit now aren't they? I 'm not sure they stuck it in the Corsa C...
The 5th I have is 0.7:1 - would give 69mph at 3000rpm with the 3.9:1 final drive.
Or maybe finding another close ratio box and fitting a 3.3:1 or 3.5:1 final drive from the diesel boxes, but this is a lot more hassle than changing a 5th gear lol!
the f13wr comes with the c14se in mk3 astras, 60mph is 2400rpm, 80mph ~3200rpm. cruises well

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.