Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

engine warning light on corsa

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  kanedmamma 
#1 ·
when i am driving along the orange engine warning icon will appear, after about 5 seconds it will go again but its doing it loads. it seems
to do it more when i am going slow or have stopped. for example today i stopped for a junction and it appeared but when i pulled out it
went again. its never done this before and it only started doing it yesterday. any ideas what it could be? thanks

#4 ·
Take it your nearest VX dealer, they will read the codes for you using either Tech-1 or Tech-2 (Depends on which year your car is).

I work for a VX dealer, It gets right up my nose when people say were just out there to bum money off them, at the end of the day they have money to make and customers to please. There not all out there to rob you.

#6 ·
Face it, the majority of main dealers do rip people off. People don't mind paying a good price for top notch workmanship but the fact is a lot of them don't have a clue. Most have a couple of senior technicians and the rest are straight out of college and i'd feel confident in saying a lot of people on here know more about Vauxhalls than they do. They rely on the tech machines too much and put no thought into the actual diagnostics. They either plug it in, find no faults and charge £50 for 10 mins work (something you can do at home for nothing) or just go replacing sensors which may not even be faulty. Do you get many cav/cally turbo owners coming in? i hope not. :mad:

at the end of the day they have money to make and customers to please.
Well they got it 1/2 right.:p

Whats the exact model and year of the corsa?

#10 ·
Find your ALDL/diagnostic plug (not sure of the location on a corsa, someone else on here can help but it's prolly behind a cover in the dash or with the fuses). If it is a 16 pin one you'll have to bite the bullet and go to the dealer but if it's a 10 pin one you can read the codes yourself. Use a bit of wire or a paperclip to bridge terminals a and b of this plug, the fault codes are then output on the engine management light on the dash. It will flash code 12 (1 flash, a short pause, then 2 flashes) 3 times then show any faults

#13 ·
its a V reg so its the facelift model. someone told me that when fitting an induction kit u should reset the ECU, i did not do this so last night i fitted my old airbox and the light no longer appears, could it be something to do wit the increased airflow i was getting?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.