Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Mercruiser 4.3l inboard

656 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  garethbowers 
#1 ·
Hi all, i havent been on here in a while (although i do still own a vaux) so i hope you dont mind me posting.:)

Does anyone on here have any knowledge of this engine? i aint getting no spark.. Its got a carb, dizzy, ecu, coil. Pressume its the same setup as a car if you like. Im getting 12v to the coil between + and engine -, but nothing between + and - on the coil, i pressume this is right?

Its got a sensor in the dizzy it'self, is that a hall sensor? how does the sparking work:(

#3 ·
is it a v6 yeh, yes its a hall sensor, you should get 12 between + and batery earth at coil, as you say you wont get it accross the two conection if the contact is broken at hall sensor, put your tester at the 2 connections, ignition on and turn engine over buy hand, you should then see 12+ between the two, then it will come and go as contact is broken in hall sensor as you turn it, if not then thats more than likely your problem, what boats it in, bayliner?

#4 ·
cheers for th reply mate appreciated, yeah its a v6. think i may have partially fixed it. hall sensor was all furred up, i get the results you have described. am i right in thinking i would get 1 spark per rev of the rotor if i was to pull a plug and lead and then ground the plug, or would there be multiple sparks? Its an 03 Maxum 1800 sr mate in bergundy. awesome looking boat in my opinion, dounds lovelly too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.