+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting Problems With My Zafira 2.0 Diesel

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    CAVALIER 4X4 TURBO

Starting Problems With My Zafira 2.0 Diesel

Hi All,

I have Starting Problems with my Zafira 2.0 Diesel

In the Morning if its Very Cold its a Real Bugger, If I heat it up a few times then Turn it Over it seems as its going to Start but then Cuts out as soon as it starts? Then it takes Ages turning it Over before it starts and a Big Load of Smoke. And if I go somewhere and leave it stand for a few Hours then it Plays up starting again Especially if Very Cold or FRONT OF THE CAR FACEING UPHILL!
    I do think its alittle better if more Diesel in the Tank? As if its less than 1/4 of a tank and on a UPHILL - Its a Bugger?

I personally thought it must be a Air Leak/Air back to the Tank problem?

The 1st Thing I did was change the Leak Off Pipes as Normal Thing on Vauxhall Diesels - But still Playing Up after I changed them. Then I changed Diesel Fuel Filter - Still Playing Up.

I have been to 2 Vauxhall Main Dealers with the 1st Vauxhall Garage saying Heater Plugs? Which I changed and was still the same afterwards!!

Then I took it to the 2nd Vauxhall Garage and they said they couldn't find a problem on Tech 2 Machine!.....No Bad Codes/Faults Showing Up etc!

I told them I Changed Leak Off Pipes and Heater Plugs and could they keep my vehicle there till the next morning and see if it played up Starting then to Put it on Tech 2 to See if Any Faults Came Up? And to do a Vacuum Test Overnight on it?

When I went to the garage next day they said they couldn't see anything leaking as it was about the same as night before on Vacum Gauge And they said the Car didn't Play up that Morning - Maybe as it was quite warm and also had over 1/2 tank of diesel and the Car was Faceing Down Hill?

So I said to them to change Leak Off Pipes AGAIN! And Fit a New Diesel Fuel Filter which they did, They told me to take it away and see how I get on? I also told them I noticed one of them White Rings which go into DIESEL FUEL FILTER HOUSING IS LOOSE ON PIPE? They told me that wouldn't Cause this Problem.....As nearly everytime you undo those Pipes from Fuel Filter Housing they break he Said?

Well I tried the Car Out for a few Days and it was exactly the same and I phoned them back and now there saying it could be the Injector Seals - Which the Top Mechanic said he can change them without taking Cam right out just lifts it alittle with Tool but will still cost around 165-200??

I do not want to keep spending Money on this Problem and Still not Fix it! Can anybody help me with this problem??

I would like to Know If those Rings are On the Pipes that go into the Diesel Fuel Filter Housing Or if they Are in the Top of the Diesel Fuel Housing Cap itself? As if they are in the Cap itself I will Change the Diesel Fuel Filter Housing Cap and see how I get on.

Cheers Gaz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

Drives
    Most days

Re: Starting Problems With My Zafira 2.0 Diesel

Could be an injector leak, best get them tested really.

Cannot think on any more advice to give you really sorry.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    CAVALIER 4X4 TURBO

Cheers for your Reply Paul.

Like I said the 2nd Vauxhall Garage said that, Although I would have thought it would show up on Vacum Test wouldn't it? Maybe Not on Injectors Seals themselves.

All Help & Advice will be taken........Cheers.

Gaz.

Drives
    Most days

Not done many to be honest pal. Without sounding a twat, tried just keeping the tank filled up to see if it helps?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    1988 16v Opel Manta

my van does this,my mate who is a mechanic said to fit a one way valve to the fuel line in the engine bay.
    as the fuel was draining back too the tank.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    CAVALIER 4X4 TURBO

Hi Gary,
    Is yours also a 2.0 Diesel? Also what Year is yours m8?

Cheers Gaz.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    1988 16v Opel Manta

mines a ford,but my mate said in his years off experience it's a common but hard to trace fault with lots off cars.
    plus its worth a try as they dont cost much

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    1988 16v Opel Manta

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8mm-Fuel-one-w...1%7C240%3A1318

proberly cheaper at your local spares shop

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Flying Primera

we had one of these 2.0 dti c*nts in work doing the exact same thing and couldnt cure it. we changed the pump i think and it was better but still not fixed. the more we fixed the more intermittent the problem became. these engines are sh*te no?
    What to buy next?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk2 Astra Estate

its either the pump or injector seals, quite common problem on the 2.0 dtis, and a complete bastard of a job too, the injecter seals are only a couple of quid, but to change them is a cam out job, which means cambelt off etc etc.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    CAVALIER 4X4 TURBO

Hi Jamie,
    No Cambelt on these m8 they are Chain Driven? Jamie I have spoken to Top Vauxhall Fitter and he can change them without taking Cam right out as he lifts them up abit with tool and doesn't need to take right out.

Cheers Gaz.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus S2, Mk4 Astra CD

When the injector seals went on ours you had to park it front down to have any chance of starting it in the mornings.
    go on, don't be a wuss, just chmod 777 it

MIGWeb User
    Drives

hi people this thread is a bit late but still the problems still occurs symptoms: left over night or a few hours car will start then cut out after 5 second then you sit there and turn it over 50/50 to whether it will start, when started the car runs without fault until next day well the ANSWER: air in the system Basic checks first make sure non of the pipes or seal are damaged look for diesel, 2nd the most COMMON is the injector seals there are two seal on the injectors the small copper seal 6.05 x 4 and the top injector seat seal 9.36 x 4 make sure both are replaced the repair is approx 2hrs and should not cost more than 160 + parts from and independant garage 300 from dealer, if the diesel pump has problems 90% of the time the computer will detect this either as a fault code or on live data thanks

+ Reply to Thread