Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

2001 Vectra starting/running issue

276 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tetsuo 
#1 ·
Hi all, its been a while :p - (sorry for the long post)

well i am just after some advice/ knowledge

i have just bought my self a 2001 vectra 2.0 gls, for a dealer... when i viewed the car initailly it was great, however when i went to pick it up to day it really struggled to start, so i gassed it a bit and it managed to spin in to life, but i then noticed the ECU light was on :( i tried to set off for a quick test drive before i left the dealer, i got about 10ft stopped dipped the clutch and it died again, so trying to start it and it was just turning over, it spluttered a few times but would not run, then the battery died, so i got the dealers mechanic to have a look, tryed a booster pack and it just clicked like the starter would not turn over... so i have left him with it... the mechanic has now advised that the starter motor is faulty and that is what caused the running issue...

is this right, and would the starter display and ECU error?

just after advice really, making sure that i am not getting screwed over.

Cheers

See less See more
#3 ·
it is under a dealer warranty, and they are repairing the car, but i want to make sure that what they are saying is true, as i am desperate for my car back (i hate bus's) if its true i get my car on Monday, if not then i will be busing it for longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.