Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Water Elbow On 20xe Throttle Body Manifold ?

494 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jamie_F 
#1 ·
Anyone using a 20XE on throtttle bodies got a manifold without the water elbow on it ?? reason im asking is ive looked at several and some have the elbow and some dont, what happens if you run without the elbow ?? Obviously the water feed is blanked off but does this create any cooling issues as then the only way in /out is through the thermostat and out the pipe at the other end of the head, and advice gladly received

Cheers

Ant

#2 ·
With that pipe blocked off the car takes longer to heat up, but can overheat easier. using the pipe keeps the temp more consistent

#4 ·
DTH bodies dont have it, but they still have the smaller water stub by the alternator mount, all you have to do is swap the rubber hose for a normal 2.0 8v item as it dosent have the bit that joins to the manifold.

the engine does not over heat or have any other problems, my engine was like this for about 3 years and it was fine.

#5 ·
Reason i ask is because im building a bespoke manifold for my new turbo lump and was looking at using a throttle body manifold as the base, my existing LET engine warms up very qiuckly and only has to sit for a few mins in traffic and the fan is on, i wondered whether running without this elbow would create me lots of new cooling problems

Cheers

Ant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.