Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Crankshaft reinforcement plate / c2.0xe

907 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  red_maniac 
#1 ·
My question is the following:

Would there be an intrest in crankshaft reinforcement plates here on Migweb?
I could deliver CRP at an very sharp price,if people would have intrest in them.
And if i say "sharp price" it will be sharp.
I have a friend and he's working with laser cutting machines daily,and he can make the
CRP at very low cost because he's gonna make the "program & drawing" for the CRP himself in his own free time.
The price will be a maximum 100 euro,thats 1/3 of the price of what it's normal.

Anybody who could be intrested,just give a yell here in the topic.

Greetz Red

***To the mods:I know i can't post in the "Items for sale" forum yet,so that's why i post it here. Sorry for breaking the rules... :eek:
I'm only trying to help making our hobby & passion cheaper for all of us.
If you deceide to delete it,i understand and have no problems with it.

See less See more
#4 ·
Ah right, people will know that as a mains girdle. You would have to supply longer main bolts, and sump pan bolts. I would hope it would be surface ground too.

My point about laser cutting is made worse by you not needing to pay laser cutting costs. A plain mains girdle like that can be laser cut in the UK for around £10-£15 (About 20EUR)

#6 ·
Yes, Laser cutting is extremely cheap in the UK for some reason. I cannot get the raw material for the same price a laser cutter can supply cut material.

I've been looking for photos of a 20XE bottom end from the main cap side, but I cannot find any. I am quite sure that the main caps are (a) not flat topped and (b) do not have their bolt faces flush with the bottom of the block. Hence, the plate would need machining to fit the main caps. I don't have one in front of me, and I cannot find any photos (typical!) but I am 99% sure this is the case.

I also don't see any benefit for the 20XE in having a girdle.

#7 ·
Indeed,the main caps need to be shaved for the perfect fit.

Benefit you get is that the main caps are all connected true the girdle and makes it all one strong construction.
And it would be also to keep the main caps in one piece when the break.
I also have to say that this mains girdle does'nt have any use on a standard c2.0xe.
Sorry my english is bad,i'm trying to explain the best way i can...

Greetz Red

#8 ·
Making the plate is the easy bit, fitting it is the hard bit as the mains caps have no provision for it.

IVe yet to see a block fail in this area, so im unconvinced its needed, the mains caps in an XE are very positively located in a fully skirted iron block, its pretty tough to begin with in this area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.