Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Gearbox problems F28

739 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Henrik2967 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have been searching the net for some time now, and this forum and many others, but i have had no luck...:confused:

I have a question, do any of you know anyway to reinforce the F28 gearbox (on a 4x4 car)? i am running about 600 hp and 50/50 split transferbox with LSD front and back, with slicks... and it has just eaten my gearbox... so rather than repairing the box each time it breaks, then i think it would be better try reinforcing it instead... but i can't find any one thats tryed it... So do you know anyone that have tryed, talked with different gearbox companyes, but no luck there either....:yuck::yuck:

Best Regards
Henrik

#3 ·
The transfer box is working fine, no problems there...

The gearboxhouse cracked... and the time before it ripped the rings...

A guy here in Danmark made it, he has made many of the Danish ones, and i think when we tested it, it was not all 50/50 but more 51-2 front and 49-48 back. but pretty close... I know engines, but gearboxes, i have no clue about... But i think i he wrote that he had changede the VC and the pressure... but i can try and find out...

#4 ·
I think i'd looking into using a completly different setup if your gonna be putting the stress of 600hp and slicks on it.
The f28's are getting on a bit now and its hard to find a good one, cases dont crack too often mind you.....saying that f28's dont see 600hp and slicks very often so i guess that means nothing.

#8 ·
Adam - the swedish guy you are thinking off is (Maxxtuning.se) but it is a danish who has made the one i use, but maxxtuning can do pretty much the same... the can build them up to around 900 nm (i think it was that i was told) and make them hold...

But, then i have a question, what gearbox of vauxhall is the strongest or can be upgradede to be the strongest ? because i have seen other ppl use Toyota, and thing like that... but i would rather kill my selv before taking something from another carmaufacture... i like keeping it clean...

#10 ·
Stuartp - you are not the only one that have aked me about that... but some time here in the new year ill make something about it... it is more a lack of time and there is still alot that i need done before i am happy... but ill se if i can't make something soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.