Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corsa b Redtop help.

14K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  GTE 16v 
#1 ·
First off let me introduce myself seens as this is my first post.

Hi everyone, My names Lee and i'm from the staffordshire area, I currently own a WRX and now halves on a corsa b with a redtop engine which we are going to be using for track use.

First off i'll show a picture of the engine bay, if someone could have a quick look at it and let me know if they can see anything that looks wrong or out of place that would be great

The car is supposed to have a 4-2-1 omp manifold and some performance cams fitted, The thing is when the car is on idle its very lumpy, I know cams do this but i'm not so sure it is the cams, It's not a regular lumpiness to me it sounds more of a splutter but my mate says it's right? Any ideas?

The car does go very well and on the drive back we gave it a little test against my scoob and i''ll embarrasingly admit it wasted my WRX so performance wise it's very good.

Oh and before i forget i found this plug in the engine bay, should it be connected to anything or is it just one of those random plugs then never seems to do anything lmao

Thanks for any help folks and i hope i can make this my new home.

Finally a picture of the scoob the little corsa beat..... :cool:

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll get a video put up of it running, see what you guys think.

That plugs nothing to do with the 02 sensor is it, reason i ask is cause the guy we bought it off said it had a new one fitted, I dunno maybe i'm way off but it always makes me think if they havent plugged it back in..... running a bit lumpy, You see where i'm coming from?? I'm probably way off though.

Also how do i check for error codes on these?

#8 ·
that plug looks to me like the one for the switched 12v. this usually gets connected to a 12v ignition live. The plug for the o2 sensor can be found near the brake fluid res somewhere its a 3 pin plug. the fault codes can be read by horting one of the pins on the diagnotics port in the fuse box to earth, this depends on if the diagnostics cables have been connected up tho and also what year the car is.
If the ecu light comes on with the ignition then it has been connected up.
have a look here http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/ to see how to read the codes off, being the late engine it will be a 1994 calibra with monotronic 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.