Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

oil coming out of the dump valve?

11K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  zafgsi 
#1 ·
I've got oil coming out of my dump valve and was wondering how to stop it?
someone has told me that it is the turbo seals that have gone and the turbo would need a refurb. is this the case?

#5 ·
I have had both z20let and c20let engined cars, both of which had a small ammount of oil comeing out of the dump valve, I was told they breath oil a little.

I would say if its excessive or you have oil in the intercooler as said above it is probable that the turbo oil seals have gone and the turbo will need a rebuild.

#15 ·
is nothing to do with the turbo dude its the oil vapours from the rocker cover, I tested mine several time its nothing to worry about untill you see blue flumes from the exhaust

#17 ·
wot engine is it??? if its the z20let even if its been serviced at the right intervals the turbos will only last 40-50k. im havin the same trouble with my coupe, noticed oil comin from the dump valve, cleand it and the intercooler out then a week later it was the same and started to boost all over the place and have found the seals are gone!!!!

#18 ·
i've had my zafira gsi for nearly 3 years and its just under 90000miles with the standard turbo. my d/v has slight oil leak from it but i'd say it comes from the cam cover breather.
its true many zlet turbos fail but i'd say due to being utter thrashed than anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.