Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Ignition Coil Wiring

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Astra Dan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all again

Could someone please do me a little drawing or similar or describe please , that shows how to wire up the ignition coil for my conversion, as the previous engine was distributorless I dont know what it should be like, the coil has a + and a - so should they connect to the two wires coming off the miulti plug thing attached to it and that plug inturn just plugs into the loom , i mean is that it or am i missing something / gonna blow something up when I fire it up?

Any gen would be great

Regards

James:(

#3 ·
Er, not real sure on what you're trying to do, but conventially the positive side of the coil has a black wire, which is supplied with 12v when the key is in position II. The green wire of the -ve side is the pulsed wire for the rev counter and distributer. So I wouldn't think it wires into the engines loom anywhere, more likely into the dizzy if you are now putting one on.

#4 ·
Right well basically I have a coil, with no wires attached to it, and next to it a black thing with a multiplug, with a red and black wire coming off it, basicllay I would like to know what these two connect to, in the engine bay,

any help would be great, and sorry for confusing anyone!

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.