Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

saab turbo in vauxhall

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Galahad 
#1 ·
hi there,im sure a few of you have heard of this being done,apparently the saab turbo (2.0 or 2.3 engine)mates up to the f20 box.surely this is a cheap alternative to the c20let conversion into various vauxhalls?as you can pick up a saab 2.3 turbo complete car for a couple of hundred quid which will give you 225bhp,you also get a low pressure turbo that only kicks out 145bhp which is obviously lower than a standard xe so no good.has anyone had any experience of this or know any problems ect? as this seems very interesting. cheers

#4 ·
you have just killed my thread GRIM REAPER haha,i looked and found the info from previous threads so thanks anyway;)
lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

there was one thread where i think deek (a member) commented on the saab engines and its not as easy as it seems iirc...personally, i would just use the saab and tune the engine in the saab rather than fit it into a vauxhall...they are plently capable and i should know where i was following a 9000 2.3 turbo eating an m3 for lunch :D :cool: lmao

ps - i didnt mean to burst your bubble :eek:

#5 ·
no probs mate,if this is at all possible,watch this space.there are many saab turbo engines sitting on ebay ect and i have an empty corsa sitting with a f20 gearbox in place so its gonna have to be attempted,got a few tips of previous threads so cheers for pointing me in the right direction,i know saab turbos are seriously under rated so think this will be interesting. cheers bryan

#11 ·
Maybe i'm missing the point but............what is the point?

Your definatly going down the wrong route wanting to use the f20 aswell.
the point is to try different things out mate,if nobody here has this done or has heard of this done before in a corsa then im gona have a crack at it.as for the f20 box,its because its sitting there in my corsa without an engine to play with(and i dont have a f28), do you wonder what the point of putting a c20let or a c20xe in a corsa?i already have a corsa with a c20xe in but this sounds quicker on my shoestring budget (haha),the saab turbos are cracking engines and im sure there are many members who will be interested to see how this comes along.

#8 ·
Some quick editing going on there mateylmao

The low pressure is 170 ish and top notcher aero 225, it a great motor out the box but doesnt really lend itself to big power unless you want to sepnd **** loads on it like the mad scandanavian folk.

#12 ·
No doubt it will make a interesting build mate but if i was wanting to try different things i certainly wouldn't want to waste my time in trying something that is so similar to what has been done before. I mean its not a million miles away from an LET. GM, transverse 4 cyl with a tad over 200hp it might aswell be a LET,lol.
The xe/let is a cracking engine aswell....with conversion kits redily available for corsa fitment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.