Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

c20xe has no oil pressure

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  braders 
#1 ·
Juast started my astra GTE mk2 16v and the oil light is flashing on ad off showing t has no oil presssure?
Was fine 2 days ago when i drove it any ideas :confused:

#12 ·
QOUTE oil press releif valve it sometimes sticks

its a bolt on the front of the oil pump take it out and there is a spring and the valve take them out and clean them all u may need to remove the pas pump

Right ive taken the pump off and then undone the big bolt 24mm i thimk on the front of the oil pump. Anyway out comes the bolt with the spring which poped out under a little tension but wheres the valve?
all i have is a spring and nut, sholud the valve have been in the middle of the spring if so i aint got 1.

#14 ·
Theres a shell bit thing in there. slide your finger in the hole, sure you will feelit, you might just be able to slide it out with your finger..
If not youmight need to just the nut back on with out the spring and turn the engine over then should move/feel the valve off so it will be sitting in the nut,

You can then clean it(make sure the out sides are smooth) and clean in side the hole,(just
with rag)

#17 ·
if it's knocking, it's probably fooked. Pressure is created by the oil not being able to go anywhere too fast, when it's knocking there's a massive clearance in a bearing/journal somewhere and you lose pressure.

#20 ·
there's an echo in here, i'm sure of it.

if yo leave the spring out you will definitely have no oil pressure. You could wedge it closed, with hilarious results when you reach 6k rpm.

#22 ·
take sump off, remove bearing caps, see what damage has occurred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.