Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

let immobilser ecu/loom question

801 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Kieran 
#1 ·
when removing a let ecu with the immobilser, do you need the loop from around the ign barrel or is just taping the chip to the ecu ok.

#6 ·
yea found the transponder, and ive cut the plug with a few inches of wires too, how does it wire up?
By looking at the plug it seems it needs, perm 12v, switch 12v, earth, feed to ecu bulb, there are 2 switched from the pump realy and a switched earth from the ecu, does this sound correct?

#12 ·
ive got one for you i have the chip taped to the ecu, the transponder is sat in me garage, and ive got spark and fuel pump, when i try and start the car it fires up then nothing, it only fires on the first couple of seconds then will just turn over no fire, the ecu light flashes constantly when ign on, HELP!!!

#15 ·
sorted it, as follows
brown - neg -
black - switch +
red - perm +
simply cut the blue wire with red line in half, this is on the 6 pin plug ecu to car, join 1 R/B to one end and the other R/B to the other if the ecu light stops flashing you have done it if not switch the R/B wires, discard the other wires. JOB DONE

#17 ·
The blue/red nearest to the red (constant 12v) is the immobiliser signal wire. Next one along is speed signal.

And in case anyone stumbles over this searching for transponder wiring info; on Vectra looms, immobiliser signal wire is blue/black (speed signal is still blue/red).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.