Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1.4 16v Corsa Sport engine info plz

1K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  Miles 
#1 · (Edited)
just wondered if any peoples had any performance figures/torgues figures etc on this engine

Also does anyone no what would be needed to fit this enngine into a originally carb engined nova (new petrol tank etc) and is the conversion hard?

cheers

#28 · (Edited)
i thought the speedo wouldnt work cos someone on here siad that the corsa speedo works from electronic signals being sent to the speedo and the nova ones are cable operated thats why i said it

Also ive been taking to 'Miles' via email as he has a 1.4 16v Corsa engine in his Nova and he said the he had to buy a new ECU costing him £200 as he had trouble with his immobiliser and i dont want to have to do that as for one reason i dont have the money!!!

#29 ·
well you just use the cable and dash from the nova, and the gearbox sender from the nova. The gearboxes are the same, they all have a hole just above the differential crownwheel with a drive for the speedo. So you just need to fit the nova asembly to the corsa gearbox.

#30 ·
0ddball said:
Its big col's fault for throwing a spanner in the works, saying that the ecu needs the pulse from the gearbox sender to work. I dont personally believe this is true, but i dont have the knowledge to say either way.
I'm not 'throwing a spanner in the works' I'm giving you the benefit of my knowledge. The Corsa ECU needs an input from the speedo to tell the ECU how fast the car is travelling. This comes from the speedo head (or clocks, whatever you want to call it) If there is no input from the speedo and you drive the car the ECU light comes on and the car runs like a bucket.

#31 ·
The easy solution to the speedo problem is to fit a digital dash. Split the wires and run one to the ecu as originally and the other to the dash. Thats what I have done no problem.

The gearbox sender is a square thing and I'm not sure if it could be replaced with a cable even if the ecu didn't need the input.

The earlier engine's didn't have such complicated immobilisers so you probably wouldn't need a new ecu. Or if you get the cars details when you buy it you should be able to reprogram the key code with a tech 2.

If you go for this conversion be prepared to spend. I budgeted small and paid big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.