Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

c20let rocker breather mod????

9K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  rc 
#1 ·
someone told me while back about drilling the **** out of the baffle plate in the rocker cover for better breathing, what is this all about and how many holes exactly is drilling the **** out of it :confused:

here my unmolstered plate

whats the score with this then?

:beer: :beer:

See less See more
#5 ·
courtenay sport do a breather plate which imo is far better than drilling the plate. all the oil from the cams etc will get flicked up and go through the holes you drilled making a minor problem a problem.

i have a how 2 on vxon that shows you how to fit the courtenay mod. and thats the only one i would risk doing.

#8 ·
I can see the potential for tiny improvements in MPG due to the small amount of vacuum in there, but I really cant see any performance advantage, where as guarenteeing no oil into the inlet I can see the advantage of from a performance point of view.

#21 ·
Yeah, to turbo inlet is good as at least thats always at vacuum, but to a very small extent sadly if you have a decent air filter.

The real way to do it is with a vacuum pump like on some of the big v8's but ive yet to see one on a LET.

The more breather holes in general the better though IMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.