Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

GT28RS or GT3071R (Again)

1K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  keggy 
#1 ·
Refering back to this thread:
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=291002

What if my aim was now a slightly more sensible 350ish bhp?

Would the GT28RS manage this ok? I would like to try and run a power curve that holds the power at the top end as much as possible - i.e. good for Santapod.

Cheers.

#7 ·
my brother has one that im putting on his pulsar hopefully this weeknd, its rated upto 420bhp so i understand, but his will be running just under 400bhp reliably i think.........he has alot of mods tho

bigger fuel pump, 600cc injectors, sard press reg, apexi avcr, apexi fuel controller, greddy emanage, 3inch exhaust, front mount, relocated filter, uprated leads, plugs, knock device (for saftey), plus loads more i cant think of....... think that will be running at 1.5 bar boost tho

#9 ·
Mike, it depends on the exact spec of the turbo as to quite what it will flow, but loosely speaking ALL gt28RS turbo variants (garrett ones i mean) are suitable for that power level quite happily.

Have a look at the compressor map, it should be obvious to you from that if you work on the basis that 1lb of air = between 10 and 10.5bhp or so

#10 ·
#15 ·
Lol

Hey, I just answer the question asked, not the one I think he will ask in 6 months, lol

Seriously though, to really use a Gt30, he is into the realms of new rods etc realistically, so no point going for a big turbo unless he is prepared for that sort of thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.