Replacing 2.0 16v DIESEL pump. Will vectra pump work on Astra G 2000?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing 2.0 16v DIESEL pump. Will vectra pump work on Astra G 2000?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus Carlton & Van

Replacing 2.0 16v DIESEL pump. Will vectra pump work on Astra G 2000?

Firstly, can any one tell me what engine I have? It's a 2000 astra van 2.0 16v but I dont know if this is a; Di, Dti, x20 DTL, X20 DTH etc. How do i find out?

Secondly, the diesel pump is shot. I have seen loads of vectras that look like they have the same engine in them. Could I use the diesel injector pump from a vectra?

Is there any problems with the ECU, immobiliser on the pump etc. that would stop the vectra pump from working? or will this just go stratight on an work?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Trev.P; 02-02-2007 at 12:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    BTTT for Trev.......

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus Carlton & Van
    Right, just had a look at the badge on the back, and is says Di 16v, so I guess its a Di.
    But it has a turbo, so i don't get it.

Still don't know if it is a x20 DTL, X20 DTH etc.

Anyway back to the diesel pump question. Vectra 2.0 di 16v diesel pump,

Do they fit astras?
    Will it work?
    Is it immobilised, and is there any way round it if so?

MIGWeb User
    Drives

Diesel Almanac Leaches

Who has th answers ?
    Last edited by andrewthebeast; 04-02-2007 at 14:43. Reason: innapropriate comments about diesl almanac leeches

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus Carlton & Van
    found out through an Ebay ad that it's a DTL, so back to the vectra pump fitting.
    Any info?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    LOL @ Trevs invisible posts! lmao

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    i see ur posts! iv got a 2000 astra van 2.0 dti with a shot fuel injector pump! im off down to vauxhall to throw some part numbers at them 2moro and hopefully get some answers!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    if it's non intercooled it's a di, intercooled=dti. Channggiing the pump is a mare of a job, and expensive. Ive bought 2 dead vectra di's and fitted replacement engines to both, quicker and cheaper unfortunately.
    James

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    that would make mine a Di, is this the same for my sisters vectra then? ('97 2.0 Di) can i rob her pump ??

to be honest iv got the engine/gearbox right out at the moment anyway, so replacement pump, replacement engine, doesnt fuss me.

is it simply the difference beween Di and Dti i need to watch out for then? and are these the same between astra and vectra? (and zafira??)

Steve

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus Carlton & Van
    Hi Steve,
    I'm looking at doing the same thing. Buying an un MOT'd vectra 2.0 td of 1998 era and swapping the whole lump into my astra.

Would be very interested in hearing if this would work in the astra.
    Seen a few pumps for sale from vectra 2.0's and many had a black top with four bolts what the electrics go into (see Ebay item number 120083979769 for a picture), where as mine is a silver top with five bolts.

It wasn't totaly clear if these pumps come from the Di or DTi. If they were from the Dti, it would explain the differance, and i would steer clear of this model.

I'd hate to change the whole engine only to find it wouldn't run in an astra!

Could anyone shead any light on this?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    just swap the engine for a dti one, much, much more perky! watever you do, ensure you get engine, loom, ecu and the transponder chip from within the donor car key.
    james

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus Carlton & Van
    How about if it was all from a vectra?
    Or does it need to be from a astra?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by phat SR View Post
    just swap the engine for a dti one, much, much more perky! watever you do, ensure you get engine, loom, ecu and the transponder chip from within the donor car key.
    james
    spot on mate, cheers!
    i was looking into this and that answers my questions already!

Trev, im assuming astra or vectra, get on the look out!

Steve

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    infact another question has just popped into my head, aparently i have the X20DTL at the moment, what is the DTi? and are there any more?

Steve

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    i've transplanted a 2.2dti into my vectra estate, variable vain turbo, standard 130bhp with absolutely ooodles of torque! (very rare though to get hold of)
    the 2.0 DTI is the easier one to get hold of, and just chipped will see 130bhp+

Trev- Easier if you get all from a veccy, ive put vectra 2.0 petrol engine into an astra and there was all sorts of mount issues, although if you did a preliminary check at the scrappers you could deduce whether the mounts are/aren't the same (namely the front drivers side mount), as i'm not sure whether the astra/vectra mount issue found with the petrol variants is the same amongst the diesels.
    HTH
    James

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus Carlton & Van
    Hopefully I could use the mount from the current engine.

My concern is getting it running. I know you need exactly the same fuel pump number if you are changing just that otherwise it won't run.
    The vectra pumps all seem to have various different numbers, so am in right in thinking that these are matched to the other parts? eg ECU and key chip?

If this is the case, is it a straight swap for a vectra fuel pump, provided i get the matching key chip and ECU?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    1.6LPG, 1.8, 1.9CDTI
    Astras hang from the Chassis Vectras mount to the Subframe

So long as the facility is there to bolt on your astra mount you'll be OK.

You will need the Chip reader and Key chip for the donor engine.
    http://www.tssd.co.uk How Tos . http://www.gte24v.co.uk/shop/ Parts For Sale The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lotus Carlton & Van
    Bought a vectra 2.0di Pump, ECU, Transponder and Key chip, but the ECU is totally different.
    The pins are flat blades and their isn't as many where as the astras ECU has round pins and there seem alot more.

So if anyone is looking at doing the same, it looks like you will need astra parts. Or you may be able to use the vectra loom, not to sure how easy that might be.

+ Reply to Thread