Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Fuel Gauge Issue

329 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tetsuo 
#1 ·
ALL,
My fuel gauge has a mind of its own, filled up with 47 ltrs last night and gauge showed 2 bares from top ( mk2 gte Digi dash) by the time i had pulled off forcourt the gauge showed 2 bars above half tank. 10 miles down road showing 1/4 tank left.

no petrol is leaking out as i think it would have been very noticable that 25 litres or so had just escaped from tank before leaving petrol stationlmao lmao

so from this i can assume that the gauge is faulty........ anyone replaced/repaired a fuel sender before? Any tips?

#3 ·
M_wolf69 said:
ALL,
My fuel gauge has a mind of its own, filled up with 47 ltrs last night and gauge showed 2 bares from top ( mk2 gte Digi dash) by the time i had pulled off forcourt the gauge showed 2 bars above half tank. 10 miles down road showing 1/4 tank left.

no petrol is leaking out as i think it would have been very noticable that 25 litres or so had just escaped from tank before leaving petrol stationlmao lmao

so from this i can assume that the gauge is faulty........ anyone replaced/repaired a fuel sender before? Any tips?

lmao lmao lmao lmao mines the same its the sender m8 piss easy to do they are a twist lock on them just make sure u have less than a gallon in it jack it up and tap it round with a screwdriver or something really easy job if theres no fuel in it !! the worse part of the job is the pipe that goes to the sender inside can be a pain in the arse sometimes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.