Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

hydraulic clutch conversion on a mk2 astra?

999 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  maniac8v 
#1 ·
anyone done this?

i know i would need a slave cylinder from vectra/mk4 astra F18, but what about the pedal end, does the pedal unbolt in the same was as a mk2 one does from the pedal/steering box?

what about the feed for the pedal cyliner? just a matter of taking a feed from the M/C bottle?

#2 ·
Probably only possible with the engine removed.

You could use Vec/AstraG parts,

Yes the fluid take off is from the brake M/C so you could fit a vec/AstraG reservoir.

Why do you want to though?

#4 ·
LOL, I've seen plenty of people converting from hydraulic to cable, but not the other way round.

Air Con, now I really can see the point in that.

I'm guessing this is for a twin engine conversion?

#7 ·
im interested in doing due to getting a helix paddle clutch, and ive been told that they eat cables due to higher poundage coverplate, but the engine is out as is the pedal box so it isnt a major problem.

as for bleeding Lee, just do it like you would brakes without a pressure bleeder, ie nipple open, foot down, close nipple, foot up and so on.

#10 ·
c'mon now! gimme a little credit, if there was a bleed nipple on the bearing i wouldnt have asked!!lmao

reading markt's tis bit, there appears to be a 'bleeder attachment' that i need, as there is no bleed nipple or port for a bleed nipple on the unit itself:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.