Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Help With C20ne !

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  vectra-tuner 
#1 ·
hello,
I'am A New Member Of This Site And I Have A Question....
I Have A C20ne And I Want To Put 296 Degrees,can I Cut The Head For Better Performance Without Exploding The Engine ?thanks For Everything!

#5 ·
why Are You So Sure That The Engine Doesn't Explode?have You Tryed It On A Car?because Of My Knowledge The Engine Doesn't Resist At The Detonations Produced By The Burn Inside(be Wear That I Have 296 Degrees)......i'll Have An Other Question.....if I Put A Chip,it Affects Somehow The Engine?

Thanks For All And Excuse Me But I Got To Know For Sure!!!

#7 ·
I Had Tuned C20NE with 284 Degree 12.4 mm valve lift dbilas cam with 10.5 CR. Aproximate
skimmed 1.3 mm.

Only the things , need hard cam springs , right fueling.
Sport cams brings down static c/r.

But , best way to fit a seh piston (For 10.00 c/r) and skim only 0.5 - 0.8 mm. So , it will be 10.5 - 10.8

#10 ·
II bother you with just two more question:1) I would like to know if I cut 1,5mm from the head and I put an (296 degrees) and also I put a CIP the engine will resist day after day at normal pressure?Because I am not sure that if I do this - cutting the head so much(1.5 mm) the engine will support the frecquently pressure.
2)and the second question:I am interested if the engine will resist at daily usage,not just for one or two races because I don't want to use it in that way.
If the engine's fiability is still the same and it's able to work day by day or,by cutting so much from the head the engine will resist at one or two races and after that it will explode?

And the springles from the valves should be harder if I install a sport 296 deegre?

P.s.Thank you so much and please excuse my English that isn't so good.I wish you all a good day and I appreciate your help.

#11 ·
Not sure what you mean by a CIP. If you mean a metal head gasket, you don't need one the normal one is fine.

A 296 degree cam will need stronger springs, yes.

Are you using carburettors or throttle bodies or normal injection?

#13 ·
Sport cams bring down the static c/r.,

You can cut 1.5 mm from the Head without any problem. But , I were you I would install
a Seh piston and only cut the head 0.5 mm... So the c/r about 10.5

For 296 degree camshaft ,, What is valve lift value ? If I were you I would use lower degree
higher Valve lift camshaft.. Because of lower duration happy on idle and more valve lift means the valves will be open mucher., So it makes more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.