Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

What Carb??

344 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  micky taylor 
#1 ·
Hi there
I am 17 and have a 1.2 carb Nova. I want to get a bit more power ( red top has to wait!!).
Was going to get weber 32/34 and fast road cam,would this be effective? Also wondered if Nova sr carb (pierburg) would this do same job as the weber?
Many thanks:)
Alan

#2 ·
If i was in your shoes i wouldnt bother with the carb n cam,you'll see little gain for your money to be honest. IMO save your money,do a bit research and maybe do a lesser conversion such as 1.6,1.8 or 2.0 8v(just for insurnace sake). Or even by that time you may have a years NCB and fancy dropping the xe in,its a easy conversion and you can find them for next to nothing these days.

#4 ·
Hi there

I know that would be the sensible thing to do but I just wondered if I could squeeze it up to 70 horses or so to make this coming year just a little bit less dull:(
Ta
Alan
Micky...don't you think that about 70 bhp would be about right with cam ,carb, exhaust etc and that is a big gain over 55..might be worth the effort?
Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.