Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

timing on late type c20xe enigne any hints

457 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  astracoscast 
#1 ·
hi there another problem
after fitting my new knock sensor and noticeing it wasnt tht at all it was the wiring to it my engine seems to die and backfire wen the pedel is pressed

but if i pump the pedel it will rev an be ok wen moving

ive tryd my timing so many ways

can anyone give me any handy tips wat to do wen timing this do i start from the crank and the go up the right hand side of the engine(front) (wen at the drivers wheel) and i think maybe posibly my crank timing pointer is bent

i really wana get the car motd before the weeks out and now it wont even start for me :(

please help me out here it was a piece of piss before now its just anoying me :mad:

#3 ·
I i remember correctly if you remove the auxilary pulley there should be a pointer machined in the actual crankshaft gear that points to a cut out/recess in either the oil pump housing or back timing cover. It may be full of dirt and oil so you may need to give it a clean to see. You should always fit a timing belt so that all the slack is on the tension side when the last bit is fitted.

#4 ·
MarkyF said:
I i remember correctly if you remove the auxilary pulley there should be a pointer machined in the actual crankshaft gear that points to a cut out/recess in either the oil pump housing or back timing cover. It may be full of dirt and oil so you may need to give it a clean to see. You should always fit a timing belt so that all the slack is on the tension side when the last bit is fitted.
if i'm rite its only the later engines that has the locater on the crank for the bottom pulley?

#5 ·
yes mine is a later engine and is clean and free from dirt and oil so far and this pointer points to cut out in oil pump yes

also ive tryed putting welding rod down the spark plug hole but im not sure if you set it to just wen piston hits top dead or just from top dead just about to go down?

thanks for the replys cheers ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.