Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Kangaroo gte Red top??

409 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ALLNOVA 
#1 ·
Hi guys I just bought a fairly nice gte and there seems to have been some work done under the bonnet. There is a fse boost valve and some other engine mods. The car runs smoothly when cold and then after about 5mins of driving the trouble begins:

problem: when accelerated is applied anything over 2000 revs she kicks back in quite a strong kangaroo style. The previous owner said this was to do with bad plug leads but i am suspecting worse. The Distributer was badly cracked and I replace this with one I had from before thinking it would have cured it but to no avail.

Any ideas??

#7 ·
cheers fella's

I will check out this today and see if the problem is a result of a **** air filter or possible AFM problem, if so I will be laughing. Was expecting much worse especially the way the car was driving!

Anyone else any ideas just let me know

#10 ·
I'll bet the boost valve, 1. isnt set up right, 2. Isnt needed anyway! Not saying this will solve the problem but i recon it would run FAR better with(as mentioned) standard air box and ditch the FSE crap..
Reason i say this is my mate had an XE with a few mods, top hat, exhaust, filte etc and it went like a fecker with no boost valve.. :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.