Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

c20xe into astra 3 1.4 LS info needed

422 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kieran 
#1 ·
hi guys

i am considering putting a c20xe engine into my 3door 1.4 astra LS and was wondering if anyone had done it and if it is complicated. also wondering what would have to be changed like engine mounts, hubs and driveshafts etc.
the engine i have sourced is from a astra mk2 gte and i am buying the engine, gearbox, loom, ecu and driveshafts. would this work ok in the 1.4?
i am a apprentice mobile crane mechanic and am fairly good on car stuff but was considering wether to have a go at doing the transplant myself.

any info would be superb.

thanks alot

beno

#2 ·
It's a bolt-in conversion. Use the front struts/hubs off a 1.8> Astra/Cav/Calibra with the Astra shocks and topmounts, along with 1.8> driveshafts off any model listed above. Use big block Astra 3/Cav3/Calibra mouting brackets and the engine/box will bolt straight in. You'll need the 2.0 Astra header tank and rad. If you do a search, there are plenty of threads covering 1.4>2.0 Astra 3 conversions ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.