Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

20XE into a corsa C

660 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  chip 
#1 ·
Anyone done it yet?

If so, whats involved?

Im led to believe its not quite the doddle it is in the earlier cars?

#8 ·
ANY info relevant to the conversion.

what engine mounts do people use, what gearbox, wiring details, what driveshafts, just as much info as possible, and most of all, any problems encountered that one who hasnt done it wouldnt know to ask about!

CheeRS :D

#9 ·
the way i worked it out would be to use an f23 cable change and bolt the cable change from an astra in,
use xe/let loom spliced into old ecu to keep the dash clocks working ect, other than that just use a astra cav from xe, depends how u want it to look i suppose

#11 ·
not much help but its annoying me. Wayne, its CAN, plain and simple just CAN, not canbus etc lol.

either rip the cluster out and refit with a non CAN item and then use a normal XE ecu/loom. OR go aftermarket with a ecu that has relevant CAN outputs that will talk to the BCM and give the cluster the info you need.

I belive that some C's are non can... so you might be in luck for the first idea, but be careful about the immo as that could mess things up.

None of that info is from doing a conversion but its from the stuff we do with vehicles here and how the ecu/cluster/bcm are all integral to the cars running now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.