Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

anyone know about the 1.25 fiestas? small running problem

378 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sxi andy 
#1 ·
its an R reg. there are 4 engines the same spec as far as i can pick up. DHA,DHB, DHC and DHD.

unsure which it is but i assume there isnt much difference between then :confused:

anyway the problem is that randomly it'll cut out for a split second then just keep going. does it whether you are accelerating or decellerating. also noticed that the rev counter dips when it does it. kinda like somwone has cut the ignition for a spilt second. rev counter heads straight for zero.

any ideas folks? its been at a garage and they cant find anything. checked all connections etc. they say the best thing that can happen is for it to break down totally then they can fix it. i say prevention is better than cure

rodgerq

#3 ·
it was serviced after it started it to eliminate plug leads but i'll give the ICV ago. i take it these engines have coil packs?

rodgerq

#5 ·
this isnt just a single lead failure. its a complete shutdown of the engine for a split second. i think i'll try and obtain a coil pack and see if that solves it if the ICV doesnt. thing putting me off ICV is the fact the rev counter drops quickly like a power cut is happening.

rodgerq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.