Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Turboin a 1.2 sxi corsa.

2K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  cambridge 
#1 ·
:confused: just wandering would it be worth boltin a turbo kit ona 1.2 sxi i have. just want to no if it would be easy and would the results be noticable ???
Any help or info please!!!
thanks

#16 ·
Yes it may be ideal, but it just won't be fast I'm afraid. Any modifications like exhaust, induction kit etc... won't gain you any real horsepower. Nitrous would be good for the occasional race (and realistic at £600)

If you want speed, a Corsa GSi would have been ideal... :eek:

#17 ·
to be perfectly honest i cant see a problem with doing silly things to smaller engines.

I mean in order to compete with the "big boys" of the LET world you'd need to spend in the realm of £5K + to get X bhp per litre... where as for the 1200 you could spend alot less and get simlar power per litre.

I will be investigating a 1200 8V turbo engine for the end of the year. id recon atleast 180 bhp is possible and maybe upto 200with a dash of nitrous to get things spooled up faster lol

#18 ·
cambridge said:
to be perfectly honest i cant see a problem with doing silly things to smaller engines.

I mean in order to compete with the "big boys" of the LET world you'd need to spend in the realm of £5K + to get X bhp per litre... where as for the 1200 you could spend alot less and get simlar power per litre.

I will be investigating a 1200 8V turbo engine for the end of the year. id recon atleast 180 bhp is possible and maybe upto 200with a dash of nitrous to get things spooled up faster lol
a 1.2 at 180bhp yes thats possible

#19 ·
when i take the z12xe out of my corsa, we'll see how much power you can get out of it. i reckon bored out to 1300 with a small turbo and nitrous you could reach 200hp, engine wont cope with that for very long though :D

#21 ·
1.2 block
1.4 pistons and crank

makes it about a 1400 lol

ported and polished head and a nice kent cam

you'll be laughing

cant use 1300 internals as the blocks are different heights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.