Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

MV6 Misfire, can anybody help

1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  jemis 
#1 ·
Hi I just sarted getting a misfire on my 99 omega mv6, it seems a bit intermittent as its sometimes there on tickover but not always, when on the throttle it is missing untill about 3500 rpm then seems to clear and take off.
I originaly thought a might be fuel related as it started when I was quite low on fuel. I changed the filter, filled up with optimax and chucked in a bottle of injector cleaning. Didnt make any difference.
I am now thinking electrical, there are no warning lights coming on, I am being told various reasons such as dis pack, plug leads, lambda sensors, maf sensor so I dont know where to start. Thinking about buying a halfords diagnostic tool will this help or just be waiste of money.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
Halfrauds Diagnostic tool wont help. Tech2/1 (can't remember which they use now) might be able to find out where/if there are any sensors reading out of range.

As you say, it could be a number of things. To indicate an actual misfire, I doubt it would be o2 sensor. You just loose power and/or car goes into limp mode unless the sensor is totally fooked in which case you'll get a warning light.

When were the leads last changed? I'd change the plugs as a first line measure. Simple and cheap to do.

#4 ·
I am looking at it at the moment and I can here ticking some where near 4&6 cylinder I am reckoning that would point at the leads being the cause of the misfire, would anyone else agree before I spend vast amounts fo hard earned at my local dealer for a new set.

#8 ·
Looks like I have to remove loads of stuff to get the leads and plugs removed so I am going to start it after I have had some food. Anymore tips in the mean time would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.