Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

cts

369 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  vauxhallman 
#1 ·
can this cause problems with the idle as when its cold it will idle with out any probs till it gets warm them it will go up and down like a mother fooker nothing major but enough to piss me off the rev counter needle hardy moves when its doing it ( width of the needle ) but i carnt find the cause of it ???? its one of those things that pisses u off but carnt find what the hell is causing it

everthing else has been changed on it apart from this :mad: :confused: :confused: and i do mean everthing :eek:

#4 ·
Had this on my Turbo, ran perfect when cold, when warm sometimes it would idle fine, others it would idle 1200 - 1400 rpm, before eventually dropping to 850. Also noticed on the fuel computer the fuel shut off wasn't working on the over run (ie. it wasn't displaying 999.9mpg). Changed the CTS and all was well again.

IMO the CTS can cause all sorts of running problems which aren't easily explained. I only considered the CTS once it failed to start a couple of times when it was hot (had had that before !).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.