Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Omega Misfire at Idle

564 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Davey 
#1 ·
I have a 99 2.0 Omega and it seems to have developed a very slight missfire at idle and when under load at low revs. When I remove the intake pipe from the air box it sounds like a diesel, I can clearly hear the engine missing or pinking.

I've checked all the plugs and tried a different set of HT leads but to no avail :( does anyone have any ideas of what this could be??

Also can anyone tell me the firing order on the Dis Pack or which terminal goes to which cylinder?

I'm sat on my door step on my laptop looking at the bloody car in frustration.. heeeelpppp meee lmao

Many thanks!!

#4 ·
No warning lights and the ISCV is cleaned regularly.. I've not replaced anything recently since I serviced it but it has been fine up until now..

I'm totally stumped, its got to be a sensor or something! The misfire is hardly noticeable but you can tell its there, and you can here the engine pinking under load, the plugs look fine and its only at low revs so I doubt its a fuelling issue..

Basically after 1,500rpm it sounds perfect but anything less than that and it sounds like a quiet diesel.. There is a vacuum solenoid of some description on the side of the dis-pack would I be right in saying this is for the vacuum advance at idle??

I don't suppose anyone else wants to remove their intake from the airbox on their ECOTec and see what it sounds like?? Mine sounds awful! Like a burbling noise..

I've also been told it could be a blocked breather but I can push a piece of cable all the way down into the crank case through the breather?

The car is still driveable, it just vibrates a little at idle but I know this will not be doing any good for the engine :(

Thanks for any info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.