C20LET Running problems

2K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Mr M3 
#1 ·
I have a C20LET in my Corsa B

Its running standard management
Hybrid kkk16 turbo
EDS Intercooler
Uprated Actuator

I've changed the lambda sensor,fuel pump (cav turbo in tank pump fitted)

Problem 1: is when boost is coming in sometimes it cuts the boost out and jerks forward
Any sollutions whats happening?

Problem 2: Idle drops sometimes and nearly cuts out
Anything?

Thanks in advance

Chris.

#4 ·
Check the voltage to the pump chirs (a commonly over looked fault). As Drizz said, we had a problem with his Astra LET (orginially an EcoTec) on the fuelling (pump wasnt man enough).

Does the pump you bought have a part number on it ? (OE Vaux / Bosche) I can check its flow per hour then for you mate and let you know if its ok.....

Does this problem occur at any particular boost pressure?

#5 ·
Mine does exactly the same, when the boost rises to over 15psi, it's hit and miss whether it will keep rising or does the same kangarooing as Chris describes.

I was thinking that it was something built in to stop me blowing the turbo/engine?

The fuel pump would explain it though as I am still running on a 23 year old 1.8e fuel pump.

#7 ·
...actually scrap that, it did the same when in the Calibra, jumped off boost in kangarooing fashion. It'd be too much of a coincidence for both fuel pumps to be on the blink. I'll watch this thread closely as I was about to put the problem up myself.

Chris does yours throw the management light on? and if you back off boost for a second or so does it then allow you to boot it again? That's what happens to mine.

#8 ·
I know this is a completely shamlessley free plug but I can supply genuine Vauxhall/Bosch competition fuel pumps (in-Tank) with a 450hp rating on them. I only mention it as this is the 5th thread in as many days about fuelling probs.

I also have a complet Boshce listing for all the Vauxhall sport (GSi, SRi etc) fuel pumps with their HP rating and flow ratings for Corsa, Astra, Cav etc etc. Will try to post some comparison figures and advice soon to help people choose the best pump for them.

Dave BBT

#9 ·
J4SON GT3 said:
...actually scrap that, it did the same when in the Calibra, jumped off boost in kangarooing fashion. It'd be too much of a coincidence for both fuel pumps to be on the blink. I'll watch this thread closely as I was about to put the problem up myself.

Chris does yours throw the management light on? and if you back off boost for a second or so does it then allow you to boot it again? That's what happens to mine.
Snap!

#11 ·
I still don't think this is a fueling issue though...unless Lambda picks up too lean?? but like I say it happened on the Cally and now in the Mk1 where the engine now resides.

It must be a sensor that limits boost in event of a problem, but that could have a knock on effect of all the other sensors being triggered I suppose??

#14 ·
Turbo Chris said:
IProblem 1: is when boost is coming in sometimes it cuts the boost out and jerks forward
Any sollutions whats happening?

Problem 2: Idle drops sometimes and nearly cuts out
Anything?
Problem 1 - It's not something as simple as boost cut is it? Have you got a gauge fitted and if so what's it reading?

Problem 2 - ICV OK? Is there any air leaks?

#23 · (Edited)
Just been out,changed the lambda sensor again,and a new pipe from the servo to the plenum again
Also checked for split hoses and found the vacuum hose to the amel valve split and the little breather from the back of the rockercover
Fixed these

STILL THE ****IN SAME!!!

Chris.

#24 ·
Alright Chris this might help as I had the same prob.I disconected the bat to get rid of the error codes and I was ok for a bit but I came back,anyway to cut a long story short I chiped the fooker and that sorted it out as the old chips were fooking up coz they dont like the boost being messed with.

#25 ·
rob160 said:
Alright Chris this might help as I had the same prob.I disconected the bat to get rid of the error codes and I was ok for a bit but I came back,anyway to cut a long story short I chiped the fooker and that sorted it out as the old chips were fooking up coz they dont like the boost being messed with.
ok,will try another ecu tonight see what happens

cheers,
Chris.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.