Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

V6 spark plugs

605 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Oakey22 
#1 ·
I put in 6 of these sort V0091132006, when i getto about 3k it used to pull like crazy, now it just seems to slowly pull upto speed. Also changed the oil to 5w-30 fully synthetic and the oil filter. What could be causing this?

#5 · (Edited)
Paul Elwell said:
Best way would be to pull on lead of at a time and see if there is a difference in engine note.
If you pull one off and there isn't, that cylinder isn't firing.

Paul

not gonna help really on a V6.

I had a bit of missing the other day, and pulled all 3 front leads off!!

still running the same as it was!!

Changed the front leads for a spare set of Vectra ones and fitted new plugs, and it's not repeated the problem.

#14 ·
The thing about the V is that if its missing all the time its not always easy to tell! I had mine running on 5 and was worrying about it - had a look at the HT leads and one was fubar.

90 quid from Vx or 5 quid from your friendly scrappy :beer:

#15 ·
might pop down to the crappy then, the spark plug is only sitting as far in as the other plugs as i took a lead from another cylinder and that sat higher than the one in originally. So i think the lead has broken down inside, typical it is one of the leads in the back that this has happened to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.