Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

c18xe engine re top?

5K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  DarrenH 
#1 ·
can any one help,i have been told that u can get a 1800 red top engine (c18xe)aparently its like the 2l one but 1800 and red top not eco tec,at present it is in a satra gsi is this true?if it is a eco tec r they any good,it is 168 bhp

#12 ·
lol i doubt it'll be pushing out 168bhp unless its had a lot of work done to it, ie carbs/tb's or headwork, cams etc

the vectra engine is an X18XE which makes 115bhp

the c18xe is a kinda half way house between C20XE and the X20XEV(ecotec)

it has features of both engines

#13 ·
you 20XE owners are such snobs. You think Vauxhall only made one engine with a red cam cover and the letters X and E in the engine code :rolleyes:

The engine in the pic posted above was taken by myself, the car belonged to a mate. Standard(ish) and showed 148bhp on the rollers.

#18 ·
Iv just changed my c18xe for a c20let but the c18xe is a very good engine and it can hold its own against the c20xe boys. The guy who i bought the car off had it rr'd and that shows 152bhp with an induction kit. but anyway its still good for killing vtr's and mgzr's and so on.

#19 ·
the X18XE1 is 115BHP too, just meets a later emissions requirement.
The Z18XE (2001>) with Electronic Throttle is back to 125BHP.

#21 ·
0ddball said:
somebodies tired lmao 1 person said it, not personS or XE ownerS
lmao - is it easy to spot when i'm posting after doing a 12hr nightshift?

yes i realise only one person said it in this thread. It was more aimed at the people who come on mig and post things like

'which exhaust is best for my XE?' which XE have you got mate, X10XE??

or

'how to put an XE in my Corsa GSi?' Corsa GSi's already have an XE in them

and don't get me started on the people who think it aint a proper C20XE or C20LET unless it's got a red cam cover.

OK rant over :) lmao

#22 ·
LOL yeah they are quite good engines from standard to be honest, I got the C18XE in mine and is surprising sometimes, is quicker than I expected, but still wont stop me ripping it out and fitting a 20XE LOL

its just an image thing

#25 ·
Isn't the C18XE in the same boat as the C16XE - GM had to artificially reduce its output by fitting a restrictive intake to avoid it getting too close in power output to the 2 litre engines :confused:

#26 ·
MartG said:
Isn't the C18XE in the same boat as the C16XE - GM had to artificially reduce its output by fitting a restrictive intake to avoid it getting too close in power output to the 2 litre engines :confused:
No.

It runs the same inlet as the 2.0 Ecotec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.