Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Can you change Cali Turbo Disy to Electrical?

313 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sackie69er 
#1 · (Edited)
As per title, is it possible to change my Cali Turbo Distributor to the electrical type? My Cali is a 1993 K reg.
The reason Im asking is all the cars I have owned had electrical ignition and valetting the engine bay was not a problem...............
Now youre thinking did he valet the Cali?
YES I did valet the engine bay of my Cali, and YES water did get into the dizzy and YES im stupid!

My car first of all was running while I did it, the car ran ok until I parked it up. Then after a cuppa tea with the valet boys, I went to drive away and it was dead as f u c k! So I opened up the dizzy cleared all the water away, and it started to run on two cylinders, I increased the rpms slightly and after about 3500rpms, it ran on all four. But when the car was put under load - i.e driving, it seemed to hold back. Now it has dried out it still seems to hold back and tends to misfire now and then.
Also the ABS light comes on and I can feel the ABS kick in while braking at very slow speads. This only comes on now and then.
Also the 4x4 light comes on and stays on - but not all the time.
Please help, I know Im stupid but please help!

So now that I have beaten myself down, can anyone bring me back and suggest any thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
Tbh you'll still have probs if you keep saoking the engine bay,dizzyless ignition isnt a fan of a good jet washing either.
If you still wanted to change,i believe you'll need the complete dizzyless loom or after market management to control the dizzyless system.
Abs sensors/pickup could be dirty,not too sure if there adjustable,i know thw vw/ausi lot have probs when the sensors arent far enough in the carrier,its knda vibrates the brake pedal just before you stop(even in the dry)

#3 ·
Rs1 said:
Tbh you'll still have probs if you keep saoking the engine bay,dizzyless ignition isnt a fan of a good jet washing either.
If you still wanted to change,i believe you'll need the complete dizzyless loom or after market management to control the dizzyless system.
Abs sensors/pickup could be dirty,not too sure if there adjustable,i know thw vw/ausi lot have probs when the sensors arent far enough in the carrier,its knda vibrates the brake pedal just before you stop(even in the dry)
Thanks for reply, this is the only and last time I will valet the engine bay after all the trouble its caused me!!!

Still, the engine bay looks nice! Shame it runs like a bag of s h i t e!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.