Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

modded x14xe problem...

489 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  James_R 
#1 ·
hi, i have a corsa sri 16v, with an x14xe engine, i have a mantzel style inlet manifold, piper cams, filter, de-cat, i am running the engine on c16ce (corsa gsi) loom and ecu and all sensors/afm, below 3k the car is very very lumpy and spluters quite abit, every so often the engine management light comes on the the car idles very iraticly down to about 500rpm then dies, diagnostics show code 44 which is exhaust gas lean, the car seems to sound rich if anything, would any advise swapping the injectors? as i am currently runng the c16xe injectors (grey) but i also have x14xe injectors (black) and c20xe injectors(blue) would anyone know roughly if it is more likely to be runnign rich or lean and whether or not its worth swapping over injectors? can anyone tell me what each of the injectors flow rate is? just want to get the car running better as i cant afford a unichip at the mo as i am building up a 1600... any helo will be apreciated...
many thanks

chris

#3 ·
yep the 3 engines (x14xe x16xe c16xe) are pretty much the same, every sensor from the c16xe loom has been fitted so it all should be ok, it ran perfect befor the cams, and now it just doesnt like it, sounds like a fueling problem, wanted to know whetherit would be wise doing an injector swap as it might be a temperary fix untill i get it mapped..... strange thing is tho is that when it does die and the management light comes on it shows code 44 which is exhaust gases lean? would putting the blue injectors in counteract this and then higher in the revs would the ecu lean them out cuz of the extra fuel??? please help

chris

#4 ·
sounds like the cams are causing the poor low rpm performance due to "dead air" over the AMM causing the engine run like that, because as you increase duration, the pulse in the in let moves furhter away from the back of the valves, and the shortedned inlet tract means you maye have placed the AMM right where the pulse cause's a region of low pressure confusing it. the only way rouns it put the std cams back in there or get stand alone management which maps off the TPS point rather than a AMM.

James :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.