Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

next mod for my calibra turbo?

570 views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Johnny A 
#1 ·
Right got phase 1and uprated FPR running 14psi constant and an evo6 intercooler
what would be the next mod? is it worth me getting an eds phase 2 chip or is there not a lotof difference to the phase 1?

Ben

#5 ·
the difference between the 2 chips is not much
would have thought 3.5bar fpr on phase 1 would give nearly the same power considering the evo intercooler should be better than the eds one

#6 ·
Get an XE inlet cam in there chap.

Dunno if its worth going from Phase 1 to 2 as there wouldn't be much in it.

I don't think fitting a 3.5bar fpr on Phase 1 will do anything but overfuel it tbh, the phase 1 chips are set to 3.0 bar pressure not 3.5

#7 ·
yeah do two things nexti would, phase2 has a much more aggressive map and the inlet cam makes a huge i mean huge difference in the upper rev ranges. i was well impressed with the responce on mike's when we did his inlet cam.

TW

#8 ·
so assuming my engine is in good condition ( which I believe it is, no burning oil e.t.c) at the moment I should be running about 260-270bhp at 14psi
so would a phase 2 chipset and the xe cam give me 300bhp?
thats what I am aiming for

#10 ·
phase 1 gave me 246bhp, i would imagine your running 260-265 yeah, phase 2 with your intercooler would get you further up to approx 285-290 and the inlet cam may improve figures further up the rev range and might add a few bhp too.

(figures quoted are being realistic so not to give to high hopes)

#13 ·
U may have to wait though, I am waiting for one from him, but he is having a delay problem with his supplier.

John.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.