Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

cav v6 clutch

399 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  vauxaidy 
#1 ·
hi to all can any one help recently had new clutch fitted to my cav v6 and it slips when treying to acc hard can only cruise round gently its seems ok in 1st and 2nd but under load slips the replacement clutch was a recondioned part from a reputable manufactuer if i adjust the pedal any higher it will be touching the dash will a new cable help please help as this problem is anoying after spening a couple of hundred pounds p.s what a street sleeper the v6 is

#2 ·
I'd take it back. Maybe the garage that fitted it got the friction plate contaminated with grease or oil. Did you fit it?

Clutch cable could have stretched, but usually when they stretch that much it's because they have frayed, so it will snap anytime now. But you'll notice it as the cable kind of crunches when you actuate the pedal.

#4 ·
thanks for the replies i probably though the friction plate might be contaminated and the clutch pedal does make a noise when you press the clutch the pedal sits slightly higher than the brake pedal about 3/4 inch i want to change the cable any way but been quoted £30 for the part would fit this myself wish id fitted the clutch myself now but it put me off not being able to do it like you can on all older vauxhalls bhefore the new clutch was fitted it was fine the adjuster was all the way up to the end of adjustment hope its just the cable

#6 ·
vauxaidy said:
would the clutch cable have to be for a v6 model would a 2.0 8v one do the job just as well or are they to short
Yeah I've got a 2.0 8v clutch on my Astra V6. Seems ok, they are not as strong though so won't last as long as the V6 clutch. Partco sell them for about £9.

So with the engine off, if you depress the clutch pedal, it crunches?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.