Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Spi to mpi

842 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Snowy_astra 
#1 ·
hi,

my 306 1.4 is spi, single point injection.

ive heard that the 1.4 in corsas is also spi, but people can convert it to mpi for an extra 20hp,

how do i go about doing this for a corsa, so i can use the guide for my 306?

Cheers again,

J

#2 ·
Sure the conversion can be done, but looking at the costs, complexity and results i would go with Weber twin 40 DCOE carbs. More powerful even than the MPI, more responsive throttle, superb sound. A little worse fuel consumption, but if adjusted properly shouldn't be too much of a problem.

#4 ·
GSI-8V said:
Sure the conversion can be done, but looking at the costs, complexity and results i would go with Weber twin 40 DCOE carbs. More powerful even than the MPI, more responsive throttle, superb sound. A little worse fuel consumption, but if adjusted properly shouldn't be too much of a problem.
my car is electronic injection, ive found i can add throttle bodies and an EMS for £2k, cos they make one for a 1.6 which is same engine just bigger,

so if anythin ill do that, but i just wondered if it was easy and cheapish to convert to mpi ;)

any ideas on costs?

#7 ·
all gti-6's are 167hp lol

well i was thinking of being unique and having a c20let put in which is a big job, but gives me time to build it up, but i didnt wanna get flamed for the idea lol

#8 ·
If your gonna go to all the trouble of swapping to MPi its probably gonna be easier,cheaper,and you wont run into unexpected problems if you just put a whole MPi engine in,and if youre swapping the whole engine you may aswell go for a bigger engine,at least a 1.6 MPi,even if the bhp of the 1.6 isnt a great deal more than the 1.4,its the torque a bigger engine has that makes them much quicker and nicer to drive.
Try to find a peugot forum,they will know the ins and outs of what can and cant be done.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.