Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

uprated oil sump gasket?

457 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  roodles 
#1 ·
not sure if this is a dumb question or not but someone told me you can uprated oil sump gaskets for calibra turbos.

i'm due to have a look at the bottom end very soon for the rebuild so nows the ideal time.

was this guy talking out his ass? or can you actually get them?

cheers

#2 ·
People use the 2ltr 8v c20ne gasket,its a rubber gasket moulded onto the baffle plate,and you have to use slightly shorter bolts.
If you can turn the engine upside down and do the job properly there is nothing wrong with the standard 16v/turbo gaskets,just use RTV aswell.
Dave

#5 ·
dathers said:
People use the 2ltr 8v c20ne gasket,its a rubber gasket moulded onto the baffle plate,and you have to use slightly shorter bolts.
If you can turn the engine upside down and do the job properly there is nothing wrong with the standard 16v/turbo gaskets,just use RTV aswell.
Dave

Is this the best way of doing it? Because mine needs doing on my 2 litre 16v. So do i just go and ask for a 2 litre 8v sump gasket? Will this come with the rubber bit aswell, and everything else you need except for the bolts?

What do you do with the bolts? Can you not just put a couple of washers on each bolt to make the bolt shorter? How much shorter does it need to be?

Dan

#6 ·
I done it with the wrap around rubber gasket for the 2.0 8v
put it on the turbo bhaffle plate and fitted it all back together, cost me a tenner and fitted no problems with the standard bolts

#7 ·
Theres nothing wrong with the 16v gaskets,its just damn hard to fit properly while upside down!
The 8v gasket is easier to fit on your back.
If you can turn the engine upside down id fit the 16v gasket.
Mine and daveb's rebuilt engines have both got the 16v gaskets RTV'd on.
The trick is not to do them up tight,its a very low torque you do them to,just a nip,but put thread lock on them.
Dave

Dan- Ive got that ICV/knock sensor loom for you here,but no power steering pump for ya bro.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.