Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Xe starting problems

573 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Stoneyginger 
#1 ·
I have recently converted my corsa to a 2.0 with a rebuilt engine however i am having trouble getting a spark to the spark plugs via the distributor cap. I have now found that the earth strap on the gearbox is not there and have purchsed one from vaux just waiting to fit it tomorrow. is it possible that without this gearbox earth strap that the distributor would get no spark?? the fuel is going into the engine with no problem im just not getting any spark to allow me to start it :(

#4 ·
You should have three plugs that come from the injection loom,from the right hand side of the plastic box that sits on the injectors,one is a 3or4 pin connector that goes to the dizzy,another is slightly larger and plugs into the amp thingy beneath the coil,and a single pin plug that is an ignition live.
Then obviously the king lead from the coil to the centre dizzy cap conection,then the leads to the plugs.
Take and post a pic so we can see what youve done.
Have you any fault codes stored,you may have to crank the engine for 30 secs or so to store a code,then read the codes and see what it tells you.
Dave

#9 ·
Make sure that the ignition live live that you have connected to the single wire plug is live while cranking,ive seen this prob before when the wire IS an ignition live but drops out while cranking,once you stop cranking it goes back live,try putting a permanent live to it just to test it.
And have you tried holding a plug to the block while someone cranks it to see if you get a spark?
Dave

#10 ·
we have tried a spark plug and a small wire with a bulb connected to earth and then the live end on the plug still nothing. i have had another thought in that the corsa originally had a transponder key around the ignition barrel as well as chips in the key, is it possible due to me selling these two items with the 1.4 16v engine so it would start for the new owner that i may have disabled my own car?. I have been pretty much assured that it should have now been put out of use on my car due to the new engine and new Ecu. Just trying to figure out what could be wrong :( will try putting the wire to live live like you mentioned on monday :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.