Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Engine swap question.

662 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  jjcymru 
#1 ·
Hi,

I currently have a Astra mk3 C16SE with a ***ked Crank shaft. I have been told this is not worth fixing due to the cost.
My question is, would I be bettter repairing the crank for now and getting a GSI or something bigger later, or putting in a 2L now?

If I am going to go the 2L route, what is the best engine to use in terms of how easy to fit. I see a lot of c20xe cav engines with the f20 gearbox, loom, ecu etc. But would this be a straight swap or would it require any modification.
Would the wiring be the same or do I need to rewire the whole lot?

Would a gsi engine loom etc be any easier?

Any other recommendations would be good. Im looking for the easiet/quickest option in terms of fitting.

Ta

#12 ·
Youll be able to use your box,but if you get an engine from a late nova gsi it will have a close ration box which yours probably wont be,which is obviously worth changing too.
While the engine is out fit a new cambelt,rollers/tensioners if needed,and fit a clutch kit,mayaswell while its out and a much easier job.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.