Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Pinking corsa 1.8sri

549 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jaeson 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 corsa 1.8 sri and am experiencing a slight problem with pinking. When the engine is cold right up to optimum temperature it does not do it but when at running temperature it does. I notice it mailnley in 2nd and 3rd, when holding it below 25oorpm. If I then accelerate even pretty gently i get one or two rarther pronounce pinks before the car takes off and for that moment it feels hesitent. The only modification under the bonnet is a pippercross kit. Does this sound like a knock senser??? Any help or suggestions would be great cheers.

#3 ·
I put the Pipercross on the day I got the car as well so ive not realy driven it without. I do get realy good mpg but the car mainly stits on the motorways at 70 with the cruise control on and im getting bout 115miles to £10. Ill try it without the pippercross on and see if its any different. If it is the pippercross is the mixture a strightforward job for a gararge to ajust or would it have to be done on a rolling road? cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.