Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

switched live on let loom

583 views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  DannyBoy16v 
#1 ·
hello peeps, can anyone tell me where the switched live is on the let loom? is it the long thing black plug up by the main grommet that goes through the bulk head? also theres a similar plug down by the gearbox which at the moment is redundant is this for a oil switch or temp sendor or something?? the rest is done its nearly there!! :)

#3 ·
ive got them 2 sorted but i need to know which wire is switched live to power up the ecu? the main 12v+ is wired direct to the battery, the fuel pump and rev counter are done just need to wire in this switched live to the ignition but not sure which wire it is on the let loom?

#4 ·
the switched live is on the loom after the plastic box that covers the injectors(gearbox side). its a single black thin wire.

rodgerq

#6 ·
DannyBoy16v said:
ive got them 2 sorted but i need to know which wire is switched live to power up the ecu? the main 12v+ is wired direct to the battery, the fuel pump and rev counter are done just need to wire in this switched live to the ignition but not sure which wire it is on the let loom?
Apologies...Miss read ur post! :eek:

#7 ·
DannyBoy16v said:
ahh nice one thanks mate :D , whats that black similar shaped plug up near the bulk head grommet then? its sitting up by the alternator area on the main engine loom?
cant think what this is. you got a pic by any chance? is it a thin black wire the same as the live?

rodgerq

#11 · (Edited)
heres the key

Illustration Key

1. Diagnostic plug (ALDL)
2. Ignition coding plug
3. Motronic M 2.7 control unit plug
4. Oxygen sensor cylinder recognition
5. Hot wire air mass meter
6. Throttle valve sensor
7. Fuel injectors
8. Earth terminals
9. Fuel pump relay
10. Trigger box
11. Engine wiring harness plug
12. Fuel tank vent valve
13. Hall sensor
14. Knock sensor
15. Idle speed adjuster
16. Crankshaft inductive impulse sensor
17. Engine coolant temperature sensor

rodgerq

#12 ·
ive actually got a prob with number 17. theres 3 wires to this, BLUE BROWN BROWN/BLUE TRACE but the previous owner cut the plug off. ive got a plug that fits but its colours are BROWN/BLUE and BROWN/GREEN? do you reckon BROWN/GREEN goes to BROWN on the loom? also the blue wire is for the dash temp guage isnt it? do i disregard this as i already have that wired in?

#13 ·
yeah the blue one is only for the dash gauge mate

as for th other two, all you can do is try it. at least you have one wire to match to so id match it and see of you get any fault codes or antyhin ccoming up. if not yer onto a winner. if it doesnt run properly then swap them

rodgerq

#15 ·
if you have the connector facing you, with the small metal clip at the top, the brown wire gets connected to the left hand side of the plug.

does that help?

any loom questions let me know i have 2 looms sittnig in the garage ;)

rodgerq

#19 ·
heres a pic of the plug.

**** quality i know, i took it with my phone. but you can see the orientation of the wires, maybe, lol. The brown/blue is the wire on the left hand side and the brown is the one on the right.

hth

rodgerq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.