Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Oil Pressure

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  robbie601 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I own a DTM calibra Turbo.
Recently the Oil PRessure gauge is not behaving properly and sits with the needle near the end of the gauge and goes off of it when I drive.

The car itself seems 100% fine, so at this stage I am assuming it is the Oil Pressure switch/probe type thing!! ( :confused: ).

Is this likely?
And can anyone point me in the right direction to get one. (online or elsewhere).

Any help would really be appreciated.

Steve

#2 ·
It could be the sender unit or it could a stuck relief valve. Might be worth inspecting the valve to make sure it's all ok, then if the problem presists buy a new sender. You can get them from vauxhall for about half an arm and a tiny part of your left leg.

#7 ·
It could well be the sender throwing a wobbly but I would want to eliminate any mechanical problem first. You could go and buy a new sender unit and use that to test for a stuck valve (will be the easiest route). Or you could look at the valve itself - there are some pics of its location floating about somewhere, might be worth doing a search :)

#9 ·
Mine has started behaving this way, it reads fine going up and down with revs until idling at which point it goes up to 5bar. The moment I put my foot on the gas it reads normal again !
I only had it fitted a week ago and I have a feeling it was ok to start with but has gone this way in the last few days. I remember the mechanic saying he was having trouble getting the engine earth back on, I wonder if it's moved onto this !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.