Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

tuning my cesaro 1.4mpi

866 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  spranto 
#1 ·
before u all start i know it would be better just getting a bigger engine I DONT WANT IT.

ok i am enquiring if anyone knows what mods can be done to boost the bhp of my astra. any help would be appreciated. if you are just gonna say get a bigger engine dont reply any other help would be gratefully appreciated. :rolleyes:

#2 ·
De-ristrict airbox, fit performance panel filter. Get a decent cold air feed into the box.
Fit a full exhaust system(with a de-cat) which will probably fail the MOT as i seem to remember your car being Kreg.
They are some decent mods.

But if you wanna spend more
then you can go into things like headwork etc,cams.
But its probably not worth it on a 1.4

#5 ·
You can get twin weber carbs, but your car is injection so you would need to do quite a bit of work, removing ecu etc as carbs don't need it.
You would also need different inlet manifolds, throttle adaptors etc.
Quite a bit of work, but if your car was a carb engine they would give a good gain and pretty straightforward, you can also get a weber single carb.
But i would stick to your standard injection engine.
Not really worth bothering

#8 ·
lol.. rite mate webers involve a fair bit of work to fit.. and if u dont know what they are then leave that idea alone

best plan as ive done it so far...

fit a nova gte 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
Fit a astra 2.0 8v inlet manifold and use 1.8 injectors on the 2.0 fuel rail.
Block the idle valve holes in the inlet and fit a 1.6 8v throttle body off a mk3 astra

Fit new leads, plugs and fit a 1.7 diesel 8v camshaft and use a vernier pulley

turn the ron plug from 95 upside down to 98..use high octane fuel

and look at a superchip to raise the revlimit as the c14se can rev higher on its internals than its std 6800 limit

#10 ·
jjcymru said:
lol.. rite mate webers involve a fair bit of work to fit.. and if u dont know what they are then leave that idea alone

best plan as ive done it so far...

fit a nova gte 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
Fit a astra 2.0 8v inlet manifold and use 1.8 injectors on the 2.0 fuel rail.
Block the idle valve holes in the inlet and fit a 1.6 8v throttle body off a mk3 astra

Fit new leads, plugs and fit a 1.7 diesel 8v camshaft and use a vernier pulley

turn the ron plug from 95 upside down to 98..use high octane fuel

and look at a superchip to raise the revlimit as the c14se can rev higher on its internals than its std 6800 limit
the nova 4-2-1 manifold wont meet up with an astra system, which means hed have to get a custom exhaust made up

the 2.0 8v inlet manifold wont fit because the 2.0 is a big block and the 1400 is small block, so it will be too wide

again, the 1700 diesel cam wont fit because its from a different engine, its an izuzu engine, as opposed to the c14se being a vaux engine

superchip is a waste of time, dont add much power for the cost, and the increased rev limit isnt very much use.

the best thing you can honestly do, is save for a 20xe and fit that, the car is just too heavy to go fast on a 1400

#11 ·
Ch405 said:
the nova 4-2-1 manifold wont meet up with an astra system, which means hed have to get a custom exhaust made up

the 2.0 8v inlet manifold wont fit because the 2.0 is a big block and the 1400 is small block, so it will be too wide

again, the 1700 diesel cam wont fit because its from a different engine, its an izuzu engine, as opposed to the c14se being a vaux engine

superchip is a waste of time, dont add much power for the cost, and the increased rev limit isnt very much use.

the best thing you can honestly do, is save for a 20xe and fit that, the car is just too heavy to go fast on a 1400
ive done all those modifications to my 1.4 se and i **** all over corsa gsi's

4-2-1 manifold... cut off the flanges and sleeve the manfold with a slightly bigger bore pipe

the diesel cam is from a vauxhall NOT Isuzu engine.. i.e the mk3 astra crap diesel engine

superchip gives me 500 more rpm.. which is handy on road rallying trust me

the 2.0 8v inlet fits.. ive got one on mine.... also the 2.0 8v head fits but the gasket/bores etc dont meet up obviously!

#15 ·
your engine dont have an airflow meter because it works off a map, it takes the throttle position and works out using its map how much air is coming in, and adds fuel accordingly, so it dont need an air flow meter

and airflow meter basically measures the air coming in through in air intake, tells the ECU how much air is coming in so that the ECU know how much fuel to add

#16 ·
Guys i dont know this is a friggin crazy idea... but i was thinkin this... what does an engine need to run, fuel, and oxygen, from the air. So what would happen if say you add a tank of oxygen, and a tank of high octane gas (Compressed Nitrogen or Propane or something similar), and installing 2 nozzle injectors just before the turbo in the air intake?. Then programming a simple EPROM chip circuit that maek sure that the ratio of oxygen that comes out is exactly that needed by the Propane/High octane fuel, to burn. Wouldn't it be much more highly efficient than fuel/AIR mixture?. Promoting full combustion = more power?. I have been thinking for ages about this idea... after all this is how rockets work .. they are propelled into space with their own oxygen to burn. Of course you would need programmer skills, mechanic skills, and some chemical expert to determine the best high octane gas to burn with the pure oxygen. It can act as a form "extra power" ... when someone needs more power... a switch is pressed and a mixture of oxygen and propane is rammed into the turbo instead of air from the cone filter. Ideas please. Current normal propane -air systems add 30-50 hp + 100-150 lb torque (www.bullydog.com)

#17 ·
jjcymru said:
ive done all those modifications to my 1.4 se and i **** all over corsa gsi's

4-2-1 manifold... cut off the flanges and sleeve the manfold with a slightly bigger bore pipe

the diesel cam is from a vauxhall NOT Isuzu engine.. i.e the mk3 astra crap diesel engine

superchip gives me 500 more rpm.. which is handy on road rallying trust me

the 2.0 8v inlet fits.. ive got one on mine.... also the 2.0 8v head fits but the gasket/bores etc dont meet up obviously!
by the way, can you specify from wich engines you took this parts?

Manifold
Cam
2.0 8V inlet manifold

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.