Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

anyone fitted a dump valve on a diesel

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  JohnA 
#1 ·
thinking about fitting one but was wondering price and where to get them from ect

#10 ·
A dump valve on a diesel does no good at all. If you do want one however it can be expensive due to the way that a diesel engine has no vacuum as theres no throttle butterfly (not normally anyway). It has to be done by using two microswitches. One on the injector pump, on the throttle and another one on the dump valve to make it work. Im not sure how it all works but from what i can make out when you've been on full throttle and let off the switch is released form behind the throttle and works the dump valve. Like i say no expert on it but i think you could probably get a kit fitted for about £300.

#13 ·
jasonnjane said:
thinking about fitting one but was wondering price and where to get them from ect
There is a guy selling them on ebay mate.
Excellent value, looks cool and sounds terrific.
Fast & Furious.

The only snag is that it's hard to locate the throttle plate (that's the pressure the DV is meant to relieve, between the throttle plate and the compressor)

#15 ·
You can normally get a vac feed from the brake servo (wont affect brakes at all)

Basically there is a micro switch on the throttle which tells a solenoid to open the feed from the brake servo which in turns opens the dump valve. Quite easy when see it all together and working.

www.thedervdoctor.co.uk has done loads of Peugoets 1.9dt and HDI's, he even fitted one the diesel land rover :). The kits might be a bit pricey for no gains at all but the noise is to die for and well worth it :D

#17 ·
Lorries make the same sort of noise because its the pressure relief valve blowing off on the air drier after the compressor has built up pressure to about ten bar. nout to do with the turbo.Can also be heard when the clutch is let back up as the hydraulics are pnuematically assisted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.