f13/5 gearbox to a x16xe, good idea?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: f13/5 gearbox to a x16xe, good idea?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa

f13/5 gearbox to a x16xe, good idea?

halfway through putting me new engine into me car but came across the problem of needing to plug a digital speedo into the gearbox but not having no digital clocks, so i have to stick with me mechanical speedo but still need to plug the digital speedo in to make sure i dont get no fault codes. I've been told that i can get an attachment that allows a digital readout aswell as a mechanical 1 so i am happy both ways, where can i get 1 from and how much are they? would mating my f13/5 gearbox to the x16xe engine be ok or would it throw up problems? any help is appreciated, cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Monterey 3.1 Diamond

Re: f13/5 gearbox to a x16xe, good idea?

digital speedo is part of the starter/alternator loom and is seperate from the engine loom.

If the box has a 3 pin electronic speedo drive, simply get a socket deep and big enough to put onto the plastic shaped nut on the speedo drive, untwist and the mechanical speedo drive will be revealed allowing the connection of your existing speedo cable.

F13/F15 gearbox will mate fine with the x16xe

Im running an F10 on my c14se, due to it having a closer ratio than the f13/f15 i have in my garage.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa

The gearbox im using was a mechanical speedo type and has a hole for the mechanical speedo, but i need a fitment that will go into this hole combining electrical and mechanical speedo, and so stop any ecu fault codes. I've heard that if the electrical speedo isnt connected to the gearbox in some way then the engine either wont start or will run **** due to the ecu thinking there is an electrical fault.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Monterey 3.1 Diamond

the electrical speedo is a little converter that simply screws onto the mechanical speedo drive. Just leave your mechanical drive in the gearbox, undo the speedo drive from your old gearbox and replace it with the new box's drive.. if you havent got the old box.. goto your local scrappy, find a P reg onwards corsa any engine size and remove the 10mm speedo drive bolt and prise it out of the gearbox and replace yours with it.. No ecu codes, working speedo..problem solved.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa

cheers mate, i'll get onto it in morning

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Monterey 3.1 Diamond

no problem buddy, if your stuck PM me or somethin!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    corsa SXi + LET

Quote Originally Posted by jjcymru
    Im running an F10 on my c14se, due to it having a closer ratio than the f13/f15 i have in my garage.
    You don't happen to have an F13CR with the 3.94 FD ratio mate, I am looking for a gearbox with close ratios and a lower final drive then my current F15CR

+ Reply to Thread